Grounds of the Union Hotel, Saratoga, N.Y. - "Frank Leslie's Illustrated Newspaper", 1865-07-08
Scope and Contents
The Pohndorff Yates Collection was originally housed by the College's Permanent Art Collection, but was later transferred to the Department of Special Collections. The collection was cataloged item-by-item by staff of the Permanent Art Collection, and the index cards produced during cataloging are available by request in Special Collections. A printed catalog to a portion of the collection was prepared in 1975 by two Skidmore students, Carole Cunningham and John G. Danzer. The catalog is available in Special Collections.
Upon its receipt by Special Collections, the Pohndorff Yates Collection was organized by subject. Series in the collection include Documents and Ephemera, Newspapers, Magazines and Maps, Photographs and Scrapbooks, Prints and Artwork, and Objects.
The Yates' also donated to Skidmore a number of books from their collection. These books are cataloged in the library's online catalog, and are available in Special Collections.
- Creation: 1865-07-08
- Berghaus, Albert, (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research by appointment. Please contact the library’s Special Collections department.
Phone: (518) 580-5506
1 Sheets : Engraving; hand-colored ; 19.9 x 25.8 cm.
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English
Showing the new opera house, Bath houses, etc.
"Frank Leslie's Illustrated Newspaper," July 8, 1865, p.245
Part of the Scribner Library Archives, Skidmore College Repository